On Sun, 30 Dec 2001 DCsk8r34 at aol.com wrote:

> Hello, I am using RedHat Linux 7.2 and I am trying to get connected to the
> Internet through xwindows using Gnome. When I goto the PPP dialer and click
> "connect to the internet" it gives me an error saying "Application "rp3"
> (process 1271) has crashed due to a fatal error. (segmentation fault)"  is
> there a way to fix this problem or another program I can use to connect to
> the internet? Any help is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks
> -Derek

I had that problem once or twice; it was intermittant.  I had
better luck when I went through the "Start Here" thinggummy and
used the Dialup Configuration tool.  That took care of detecting
and setting up the modem properly and also creating the internet
connection for the ppp dialer.  Then the regular RH ppp-dialer
worked just great.

The tool is down under Programs - Internet Applications or
something like that.  Perhaps you've already tried this - if not
and if you can't find what I'm talking about, drop me an off-list
email and I'll look for the exact location on my machine at home
- can't do it from work.

Someday I plan on learning how to configure all of that without
using the GUI helpers, but with internet I just want it to work
first!

Good Luck

Rob