Scott Dier <dieman+tclug at ringworld.org> writes:

> * Matthew S. Hallacy <poptix at techmonkeys.org> [011227 04:46]:
> > don't want to. AT&T has been swapping the 3Com's (Tailfin/Sharkfin 3C292XX)
>
> I'm going for the 'buy your own modem and get $10 back a month' idea. :)

A few questions come to mind with this idea:
- How long does it take for the investment to pay off?  ie. $10/month for how
many months to make up the cost of the modem.

- Will the same cable modem still be useful after that much time?

- What's to keep AT&T from changing the technology used so that you need to
buy a new cable modem?

- How long will it be before something better comes out?

Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe | jpschewe at mtu.net