Shane Kinney wrote:

> Hey evreyone,
> I have recently obtained a Sparc Station 2, but I don't have a Sun moniter
> to hook it up to. If any of you have any Sparc Boxes that you want to sell
> as well as Sun Moniters, please let me know. I would gladly by them,
> especially if they are working condition.
> Let me know.
> Thanks!
> ~Shane

Sun sells a "Sun Interface Converter" (Sun part number 370-2068-01, a.k.a.
"X465A" -- list price $75) that lets you connect a Sparc box to a regular
(PS/2) keyboard & mouse.
More info at: "http://store.sun.com/catalog/doc/BrowsePage.jhtml?catid=3948"

They also sell a video converter that allows you to feed the monitor output
from a Sparc (a male plug shaped roughly like "\00:::::0/", where "\" and "/"
represent the shape of the plug's sides) to a PC-style monitor (as part number
130-3034-01 a.k.a.: "X3872A"-- list price $35).
Info at: "http://store.sun.com/catalog/doc/BrowsePage.jhtml?catid=11107"

Then just combine any PCs you use regularly and your new Sparc (with the above
stuff attached) to something like a Belkin's OmniView and... Ta Da!...  you're
back to only one monitor and keyboard on your desk.

Been there, done that, it works great'idly,

-Steve