I've not seen any Linksys cable modems, and I'm considered (amoung friends)
to be the cable modem guru locally, as for *replacing* 3Com's, you really
don't want to. AT&T has been swapping the 3Com's (Tailfin/Sharkfin 3C292XX)
for RCA/Thomson models that are worse, with less features, and less diagnostic
information. Yes, 3Com closed their cable internet division, but that doesn't
mean it's not still a quality product =)

On another note, a friend and I are starting a site dedicated to broadband
connections in Minnesota. Outages, problems, complaints, positive feedback,
as well as contact info.

Information is available at http://www.mnbroadband.org, the lists are up now,
and I'm working on putting the information I have into a good format.