Slainte --

Since the subject of RedHat 7.2 problems has come up, I also have a
problem. I installed it on my second hard drive (Maxtor 6G, hdb) to play
around with it, because I had heard good things about it. So I got it
installed on the second try - the first time, I selected many packages,
and the installer died just before starting to install packages. The
second time I selected a basic standard set of packages (for a GNOME
workstation) and let it go. It worked.

The trouble is, it won't read either my CD-ROM or my CD-RW. The kernel
seems to recognize they're there, but I can't mount any CDs (tried
multiple different ones). mount seems to think the device isn't there.

So here's my setup:

- Epox MVP3-G2 motherboard, VIA ATA/66 chipset
- K6-3/450 processor
- Primary IDE chain:
   - 30G Maxtor HD (containing Debian, Windows, etc.)
   - 6G Maxtor HD (containing the RH install)
- Secondary IDE chain:
   - Sony 8x4x32 CD-RW (hdc)
   - Generic CD-ROM 44X

Any ideas?

--
Pacem in terris / Mir / Shanti / Salaam / Heiwa
Kevin R. Bullock