Hello, and yes I am emailing from Outlook, sorry to all who care.

I have done this before and it has been a year or so since I have done it and I am having trouble with masqerading.

I have a linux machine with 2 nic cards, one external and one my internal to my network IP's 192.168.0.0.  I am using IPCHAINS to masqerade and I must be missing something because it is not working, I can ping both cards from my internal network but cannot get out to the net. This is what I have done on the firewall box:

1.  echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
2. ipchains -A forward -i eth0 (external nic) -s 192.168.0.0/24 -j MASQ

Do I need to do something with the output and input chains? That is the only thing I can think that I may be missing. I have re-looked, and not hard, through the IPCHAINS HOW-TO but did not find what I was looking for. Thanks for any help.

Erick