On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 02:01:35PM -0600, David Cross wrote:
> My guess is that he'll run into trouble spots with streaming media, and any
> java applications in a browser.
>
> RealPlayer for Linux stinks. It crashes RH 7.2 EVERY time, even during the
> install. Of course there is no Windows Media player, so I have no options but
> .mp3 downloads. Nothing streaming.

I've had no problems with RealPlayer on RedHat 7.2, have you tried debugging it?
As for Windows Media Player many linux media players now support the various
Microsoft codecs, and xmms/mpg123/mpg321 all support mp3 streaming.

> Configuring java with Konqeror is no joy and even when it is finished I find
> that the blank gray boxes that should be applets or .jsps are a common
> problem with Sun's java. Netscape 4.x does fine, but Netscape 6.2 can't run
> it's own java installer and Konqeror dead ends with the aforementioned
> problem.

I've yet to bother getting java working on Mozilla, I use netscape 4.x for this.

[snip, wow, that's a long sig =)]

					Matthew S. Hallacy
					poptix at irc