On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 10:02:57PM +0100, Thomas Eibner wrote:
> I'm just saying: On one side people say "We have to be nice to newbies",
> when someone (Hi Ben :-)) flames/tells someone to rtfm, but we _still_
> want them to be aware of more or less unspoken rules about how you
> communicate on a mailinglist (Yes, I know the URL you posted) and
> the TCLUG site doesn't even have anything about how to "act" on the list.
> I'm not saying it's the site-maintainers fault, 'cause you can't have
> every bit of information out there on the site.

Most of it is common sense, that unfortunately is not so common.

Do not write in an e-mail something that you wouldn't say in person. [Hi Ben :-(]

> > Why don't I just send it as a private email?  Public humiliation of
> > offendors on an email list bring public attention to a public problem.

Why stop at public humiliation? Maybe we should outright stone them. Wookie,
please add *newbie*@* to your killfile and shut up, ok?

florin

--

"If it's not broken, let's fix it till it is."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4