Just thought I would pass this along:

To my complete suprise I was contacted and interviewed via email/phone, by
David LaGesse from US News and World Report for an article he is writing
concerning Linux and opensource software.  As a part of his
research, he is exclusively running Mandrake Linux at work for two weeks on
his desktop while being networked to the company LAN.  The article will
tackle the question if Linux and opensource software has made progress in the
desktop user arena.  Something like: "can joe user install and use Linux and
opensource software at home without being a *nix guru or dual booting
constanly into Windows for better applications."  He was a complete newbie,
but thus far reports little trouble getting along without Microsoft products.
 From our conversation, he seemed to have a positive experience with Linux
and opensource applications.  Good news...