On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 12:07:38PM -0600, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 11:01:05AM -0600, Nate Straz wrote:
> > 		       http://www.imc.org/rfc1855
> >
> > For the sake of everyone on the list.  Please read the above document.
> > If you decide not to follow the guidelines therein, you will be marked
> > as a troll and treated accordingly.
>
> Please note that, in violation of the referenced RFC's guideline
> that text should be wrapped at 65 or fewer characters, your
> guess that makes you a troll...

Heh heh, and I even read that portion before sending.  :P

The concensus I've seen from other mailing lists (mostly linux-kernel)
is that as long as you don't go over 80 characters per line, you won't
get yelled at.  I've set my line length to 72 because it fills most of
the terminal window and gives a few people some room to quote me before
it pushes 80 characters and gets annoying.  But if you're still quoting
something from 5 emails ago, the discussion probably hasn't moved very
far.

Nate

Marked as a troll for violating the line length rule in http://www.imc.org/rfc1855