I started testing out the 2.4.16 kernel a couple weeks ago when it first
came out. I have compiled it several times without incident. Then, last
Friday, I went to recompile it and suddenly USB doesn't work. The error
message I get in /var/log/messages is:
---
Dec 17 10:28:22 localhost kernel: hub.c: USB new device connect on bus2/1,
assigned device number 2
Dec 17 10:28:25 localhost kernel: usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
Dec 17 10:28:25 localhost kernel: hub.c: USB new device connect on bus2/1,
assigned device number 3
Dec 17 10:28:28 localhost kernel: usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
<repeat ad naseum until I yank the device>
--
	This was when I plugged in my DiskOnKey, but the same thing happens when I
plug in the printer or scanner. I've gone over all the usual suspect; I've