> I'm not sure how helpful this line of thought actually is. Yes, you
can do
> most of these things in Linux, but for the most part, you can do them
more
> easily and with better support and integration under Windows. If we
are
> trying to tell Windows users "Look, you can do almost everything you
want,
> almost as well as in Windows" I don't think that we will be winning
too
> many new converts. Until Microsoft is forced from their monopolistic
> fortress, we as Linux users will still be using b-grade knockoffs of
> popular daily-driver Windows softwares. That is harsh, but it's
reality.

This may be true for some applications but definitely not for others.
My favorite thing about Linux is how someone will say "Hey, wouldn't it
be cool if Evolution had this cool feature?" and two weeks later it
does.  That will never happen with Outlook or any MS app for that
matter.

I think because of open source most commercial software is not yet
available for Linux (though I bet it will be eventually) or not as good
on Linux but I think most shareware type applications are better on
Linux because of the cooperative atmosphere.

Brady