Thats not doing anything either. Same problem. Could there be another
conflict going on with esound or something? I've been trying to find
infomation on esound, but I don't understand it.

I also found this:
http://www.alsa-project.org/archive/alsa-user/msg00217.html

But I have NO idea what this module stuff is all about.

The other problem I've been encountering is that in searching for info on
the soundcard, everyone seems to have a different way of getting to work.

~j