I'm trying to create a postscript file to use as a banner page under CUPS.
I tried creating a document in StarOffice and printing to file.
CUPS doesn't like the postscript file though.  I noticed that when I
do a file on the banner I created (banner.ps), it comes back as:

[atanner at pelican tmp]$ file banner.ps
banner.ps: PostScript document text conforming at level 3.0

which is identical to the banner supplied by CUPS.

[root at sandar banners]# file standard
standard: PostScript document text conforming at level 3.0

However, one difference I noticed within the files, is that the CUPS-supplied
banners say:

%%LanguageLevel: 1

whereas the file I created in StarOffice says:

%%LanguageLevel: 2

I'm thinking this may be the problem.  However, I don't know what app to
use to create a postscript language level 1 file.

Anyone have any experience with this?  I've done a lot of google searching
and came up with nothing.  The CUPS docs do not tell you how to create
new banners, merely where to put them so you can use them.

Thanks.
--
Amy Tanner
amy at real-time.com