Hi, sorry if this seems like a pile of FUD, but this is really bugging me
and I wanted to say something about it.

Last night, Art Bell had on a guest who was an expert in bioterrorism. He
stated that Janes (www.janes.com) was carrying a story about two current
outbreaks of Congo-Crimean Hemmoragic Fever that were ongoing in Pakistan
and Iran. These two outbreaks, are the largest and second-largest ever
recorded, some total of 175-200 people infected and quarrantined. This is
disturbing for several reasons, including the fact that it is confirmed
that the Soviet-era government had weaponized and probably stockpiled this
pathogen in one of the central asian republics, like Tadzhikistan.

I read the story on Janes, and it pretty much said what the guest did. The
guest was also correct that the story was not being carried by any other
of the major news outlets, another distrubing fact. I only personally
looked at www.cnn.com and www.msnbc.com; no story.

Now the weird - I got up this AM, started my browser, and got 'Sorry, the
page you are looking for is not here'. I searched the Janes' archives, and
the story has totally vanished without a trace. And now the double weird -
the guest's site www.breathenoevil.com seems to be totally missing also..
cannot connect, no ping response from the server, but the IP is
(199.2.135.67). Art Bell has a way of 'slashdotting' websites, but usually
only during the show, not the next day...

Is this an honest-to-god news blackout that I am witnessing? Anyone else
heard of this story?

          -.bill.layer.- .-frogtown.mn.usa.-

.-Microsoft.Windows.XP.- -.suddenly.everything.sucks-.