i'm hoping that will help me with some probs i'm having with my pc right
now....

i'm running SuSE7.3
        AMD 1.1Ghz
        512MB ram
        Matrox Millenium g400 max video

I also have a Hitachi DVD-ROM GD-2500 that is IDE ATAPI...
   and a Yamaha CD Burner

I am having problems with not being able to play CD's ... music CD's and
DVD's on my pc ... using the hitachi drive...

the burner will do nothing but but cd's and .. that's it...

i don't know how to set Linux up so that i can use the DVD rom to read
cd's... whether data or audio... in konquoer.. and play music... as well
as play DVD's...

any help would be greatly appreciated... i've searched the site high and
low... and don't know where else to go

thankyou
very very much

Jeremy Wilson