Hi everyone,

I did an 'apt-get upgrade' recently on my machine at home and found the next
time it rebooted that I no longer have any display whatsoever with X. The
machine boots, I select my kernel with LILO, all the checks happen (I use a
frame buffer X setup so I get the little graphical Tux in the upper left
cornder), partitions get mounted, etc. As soon as kdm starts, my monitor
blanks and I see absolutely nothing. I think the whole machine might be
freezing, although with no display I can only guess where I'm typing. I have
to hit restart to reboot the machine.

If I had a laptop home I'd ssh in to my workstation and see what was going
on. Any ideas how I can start diagnosing this? Anyone know of any troubles
with X in Debian unstable lately?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com