On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:

> very cool. how badly does it crush the box?
> I tried running Starcraft in a Wine 'desktop' (because otherwise it's an
> unmanaged window); and it was too slow, even on my 1.1GHz machine.
> so when I play Starcraft, I just log in as a different user; and run a
> 640x480 desktop with no window manager. Still a bit of lag on the sounds;
> but I'm using regular Wine instead of WineX, and I hear WineX does sound a
> bit better.

for starcraft you may want to play using the unmanaged window, i play it
with no slowdown at all, in fact it plays better than when i had windows
98 on this machine

one point of concern using the unmanaged windows is that you do not want
to use a window manager where focus follows the mouse curser, otherwise
StarCraft locks up when it switches windows.

 -munir