The following is what I've got in my .muttrc.  It works to connect me
to the IMAP server when mutt starts up.  I got the info to set this up
somewhere off the mutt.org site.  stanlee is my username, webmail is
the name of the IMAP server and /vol.mail/stanlee/Archives is where I
archive my mail on webmail.

set spoolfile="{webmail}INBOX"
set imap_user="stanlee"
set imap_home_namespace="{webmail}/vol.mail/stanlee/Archives"
set folder="{webmail}/vol.mail/stanlee/Archives"

HTH,

Eric