At this point I'd say it's probably safe to use the --force --nodeps options with -Uvh.  Make sure that your current installed mysql db is not running when you do this.

-swf

--
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."   - Walt Disney
Key Fingerprint = 6FB4 A47C 793F 55C4 E2A7  6626 CC49 424A 155C AAD3