Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com> wrote:

> Call me crazy, but I read the MS proposed settlement. Ok, I read it,
> didn't get much from it, so read it again after reading this:
[snip]
> The proposed settlement makes LISP look easy to read.

I thought most of it wasn't too hard to read, though I did print it out
and read it on the couch rather than sitting in front of my computer.
There's something about legalese that makes you want to bash your head
through a CRT.

Also, I needed to have the margins to write notes in..  I think I ended up
taking about two hours to read through.  I probably spent another two
hours writing a response the next day (the notes were very helpful).

Even though it's often a mess, legalese is written by humans and is meant
to be read by humans.  There's nothing really wrong with saying, "this is
unreadable."  There were some sentences in the document that seemed to by
syntactic garbage, which made me examine them even more closely.  Knowing
that Microsoft and the DoJ went through the document line-by-line just
makes me more suspicious of those confusing passages.

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   Roads? Where we're going,