I have nearly an identical setup.

1) Plugging the 10baseT hub into the dual speed hub will require a crossover
cable unless the hub has one of those toggle switches to turn the last port
(4, in your case) into a crossed-over port.

2) Plugging the 10baseT hub into the dual speed hub will drop the whole
network down to just 10 TX, any devices that cannot do 10 TX will not be
able to get on the network.

I also have the 3Com Home Wireless Gateway, which has 3 switched ports plus
one DMZ port.  You can plug you plug the DSL modem into the DMZ port of you
want to use the gateway/firewall functionality. Or, you can do like I do,
plug the cable/DSL modem into the first switched port, the 8 port dual speed
hub in the second via a homemade crossover cable, and the four port 10baseT
hub in the third port.  Then get a wireless PCMIA card for your laptop and
enjoy the roaming freedom.

-David