Is it possible to convert a running system to have all volumes managed under
LVM, including root?

Does anyone know what the future is for LVM?  Is it going to have support
for online relayouts, 0+1, 1+0 (like Veritas striped pro volumes), etc. ?

After using Sun's, and Veritas' volume managers under solaris, I really
would like to have something like this on my linux boxes.  It's pretty cool
when you can take a 500GB database partition and change it from RAID-5 to
Striped pro without taking anything offline, or convert from 0+1 to 1+0
using the same disks.

Jay