On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 07:33:03AM -0600, Mary Ayala typed:
> I do want to learn Linux, but I'm restricted by my lack of knowledge on Perl
> (which you all use a lot of) and command line Unix.

I don't know any Perl, and before I got Linux on my own box I knew only the
following command line things: ls, rm, cp, mv, vi, lpr, and g++.  And I didn't
know any of the options for those at all.

And then my friend installed Slackware for me....

Just so you don't think we are all miles ahead of you, there are a few of us
other "newbies" out there.  You couldn't possibly ask more stupid questions
than I do -- I'm "high-maintenance Lorry!"  :)

Lorry