Quoting Dan Drake (drake+tclug at lemongecko.org):
> I noticed that the spam filter Vipul's Razor[1] is now in Debian
> unstable, and I'd like to try it. Has anyone here used it?

Yes.

> and noticed that it's no more than several clever Perl scripts -- how
> well does it work?

Works great.

> What's the false positive rate? It seems like it would be easy to poison
> the system by, for instance, sending signatures of TCLUG messages to the
> razor server. Is there any mechanism to "purify" the database of false
> positives?

Not sure on the rate, but the razor-user list has a long discussion on false
positives, retractions, etc.

> Or, are there any other good solutions like this around? I don't get
> much spam, but I'd like to stop what does come my way.

Spamcop is pretty effective and forwarding your spam to orbz help track those
nasty open relays.

--
Minneapolis St. Paul Twin Cities MN        | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org Minnesota Linux    | Fax   : (952)943-8500