Does XFree86 4.2 exist yet? Or are you referring to 4.1.99?

In related news, I had to reinstall my OS last night. Apparently,my kernel
recompile at the end of the day monkeyed my networking. Fortunately, I was
able to reapply everything I was taught yesterday. So I have XFree86 4.0.1
running in the frame buffer with hotswap working for my USB mouse.

Today, I decided to tackle DVD. I tried Ogle DVD
(http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/groups/dvd/) and it works great on my desktop
machine (MDK 8.1, Athlon 1GHz, GeForce 2) and my laptop (MDK 8.1, Pentium III
1GHz, Radeon Mobility). I'm still forced to run X in the frame buffer,
unfortunately, but the machine is apparently fast enough to still play DVDs
well.

- Jared