Mary Ayala <Mary at DesignerDoors.com> wrote:

> Wouldn't the same then have to apply to all software manufacturers.

Well, rules change when you're talking about a monopoly, and the courts
have determined that Microsoft is a monopoly.

However, I don't think it'd be all that great of an idea for Microsoft to
be forced to produce software for Linux -- I'd worry about it increasing
market share in certain areas.  Besides, do you *really* want to let
people use Outlook for Linux? ;-)

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Microsoft probably should be prevented from dropping support for
Macintosh, but I'd really like to see them publish more documentation on
file formats and APIs (and publish that stuff under nice licensing terms
where you don't have to be a member of MSDN or give away your firstborn).
Also, Microsoft will probably try to anything like that from happening on
intellectual property grounds..

Actually, I'd like to see MS prevented from merging with, buying, or
getting into licensing agreements with other software companies.  Maybe
impose a hiring freeze as well.  I'd like to see how much innovation
Microsoft really has in it..

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   An ulcer is what you get
/ \/ \(_)| ' // ._\  / - \(_)/ ./| ' /(__   mountain climbing over