Hey,

Quoting Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>:

> % mailq | wc
>     680    3111   38830
> 680 "transient" message. I think users would be pretty upset if I lost
> almost 700 messages.

First of all, that's not good (; Is it because of downed hosts, or just slow
queue?

Second, I'd say ignore the errors. All they're saying is the file was there
when it gathered up the information, and not there anymore when it went to back
it up - because it was already processed and delivered.

If you want to try and avoid those messages, try backing up that directory
seperatly from the others.

You'll still probably get those messages. The only way I can think of to avoid
them really is to shut down mail while backup's going on which it doesn't seem
like you'd want to do (;

-Yaron