got this off one of my mailing lists. Says a lot about the Asian market.

Have I got a story for you. I am living in Korea, and I called up the cable
co to get the cheap cable internet here. They come over to my house and try
to config my computer. It's pretty funny because the guy is looking at a KDE
desktop and he is asking me where the start button is. I tell him it isn't
windows anymore, but he can't believe that there is anything but windows out
there.

I typed in one line - "dhcpcd" - and everything worked. He couldn't believe
that it was that simple. What's funny is I was trying to get him to say the
magical words, "We use DHCP", but he didn't even know what that was. What was
even funnier is he was surprised that I didn't have to reboot to get it all
to work.

Jonathan
<<<

I've heard before that the Asian market is pretty well locked into a
Windows mindset... people there haven't been shown anything other than the
MS desktop. for those companies with mainframes; the knowlege and
understanding of them is a closely held secret, to which one is 'initiated'
after some time... lots of ordinary techs don't even know their company has
one.
Of course, that's not unheard of in this country either. Ignorance is
heedless of race or tribe. :)

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Network Engineer