* Austad, Jay (austad at marketwatch.com) wrote:
> Don't back up your mail spool.  It changes so frequently that a backup of it
> will be useless anyway.
whoa whoa whoa... no backup?
I can see not doing a mail-spool backup of your raw untouched spool, but
setup a cron-job to archive and backup every so often.. If you always
have the raw spool, there's always a way to retrieve what's lost, don't
just not backup your mail-spool... I keep a duplicate mbox file that
get's *everything* just for reference and it's archived.. Not to say I'm
perfect and never lost anything due to not backing up, but I've realized
over the past 2 months, that running systems, don't like big hardware
moves, and linux is a pain... freebsd is now running again, and
unfortunately evey *my* backup cd has disappeared... I'm sure I will
come across it one day when I've already re-configured my system.. One
thing though, after fine-tuning a stable bsd system, and getting it
running as an X-workstation I don't see the appeal to linux other than
it's currently supported DRI implementation of X4.1.0

Sorry, ranting and got off topic... time to go get some coffee in my
arse.

Oh yeah, and mandrake sucks for anything but running your screensaver...
I honestly hope the gamers edition is better cuz 8.1 steps all-over
itself... sorry.. </rant>

Jay