Bob Tanner wrote:

> Quoting Robert Sinland (rsinland at gvtel.com):
> > Is there a command or a program in Mandrake 8.1 that will
> > let you select an RPM to install, and then install all the
> > dependancies for it?
>
> It's called apt :-)
>
> The humor might be lost since you may not understand that it's a debian thing.

I know, been been on the list at least that long.
My problem is this...I have been looking at some older programs that use older
versions of specific lib files. TKdesk for one example.  Even when I d/led a
statically
linked binary it would not run.  Others just refuse to compile, even after
manually
building and installing the the prerequisites... As I said in anothor post, my
Linux
is a bit rusty and predates RPM's..
RS