On Tuesday 04 December 2001 08:44, Phil Mendelsohn wrote:

> I believe that photo discs aren't ISO-9660, but a variant -- or
> deviant! -- thereof.

The discussion has rattled something in my brain from when
I taught a multimedia class and one of the things we discussed where the
basic "Book" formats for CDs. (Red, Yellow, Green, Orange) Photo-CDs were the
impetus for the Orange Book standard, which defines the physical way in which
multi-session discs are created. I don't believe it has any bearing on file
format. That said I suspect that Kodak uses its own format to maximize
capacity for Photo-CDs.

I got my self a refresher at:
http://www.gi.alaska.edu/crc/cdrom/cdrom.html

So people with and interest may wish to look there.

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com