I got impatient.  Since the Mandrake 8.1 upgrade trashed my entire 8.0
install (including my VMWare :( ), I retaliated and am now running RH7.2 on
it.  For the sake of google searches, here are the relevant lines:

# Pointer section
# **********************************************************************

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "IMPS/2"
    Device      "/dev/input/mice"

#    For wheel support - can not be used with Emulate3Buttons
#
#    ZAxisMapping 4 5

# When using XQUEUE, comment out the above two lines, and uncomment
# the following line.
#    Protocol	"Xqueue"

# Baudrate and SampleRate are only for some Logitech mice
#    BaudRate	9600
#    SampleRate	150

# Emulate3Buttons is an option for 2-button Microsoft mice
# Emulate3Timeout is the timeout in milliseconds (default is 50ms)
#   Emulate3Buttons
    Emulate3Timeout    50

# ChordMiddle is an option for some 3-button Logitech mice
#    ChordMiddle

EndSection

All the functions on the mouse work.  What I don't understand -- that is
what I had changed the lines to and they didn't work???  Oh well.

Thanks,

James Spinti
jspinti at dartdist.com
952-368-3278 x396