On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 07:24:38PM -0600, Jon Schewe wrote:

> I've got a Kodak Picture CD here that has some odd behavior.  If I mount the
> disc in Linux I can see all the top level directories except one.  Now if I
> umount the disc and then start up Windows 2000 inside VMware on the same
> machine, then I can read the whole disc, using the same drive.  There are no
> errors/warnings in my message log.  Anyone got a clue here?
>
> I'm using kernel 2.4.12 with a PlexWriter RW 4/2/20 drive.

I believe I went through this too.  The key is that it's a Photo-CD.
You can't just mount it and use it, but if you use something like
gphoto (I think that was it) you'll be in like Flynn.

I *have* read them in Linux, but it did need another utility.  Maybe
someone else will confirm/correct me here.

Cheers,
Phil

--
"Trying to do something with your life is like
sitting down to eat a moose." --Douglas Wood