> I can't believe any CC company would be dumb enough to e-mail
> plain-text statements..

I bought something from a store one time that bragged about how secure their
order form was, SSL and all that stuff.  So I place my order, feeling ok
that my card number won't be transmitted plaintext over the net, and 5
minutes later I get an email receipt proudly displaying my entire card
number right at the top.

I called them and bitched about it, but the person I talked to didn't
understand why it was such a big deal if no one else had access to my email
account.  Some people just shouldn't be allowed near computers.

Jay