For privacy reasons, I dont want to keep the mail on my server any longer
than possible.  There are people who like to snoop... :-(

I am on the Charter Pipeline cable modem now (sucks), so I have a dynamic IP
and cannot run my own.

I have other biases also.

The main question was is there a console based mail client that can read the
same local format as Kmail.  It sounds like mutt will, so I will give that a
try.

Jay