I'm installing the xine tar (xine-lib and xine-ui both 0.9.6) files into
/usr/local.  My xine-lib file seems to have installed OK using ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local then make and make install.  I then performed a
/sbin/ldconfig to regenerate the library cache.  However, when I perform the
./configure ---prefix=/usr/local on the xine-ui, I get the following error:
...run-time linker is not finding XINE.  It then tells me to:  ...set the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to point to the correct location.

I assumed this was: $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib.  Apparently not!  Do I
need: $ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/loca/lib.  Can I edit the /etc/ld.so.conf
file?  What would I add?  Or am I pointing to the wrong directory?

Newbie disease has kicked in but I'm so close I can almost see it.  Thanks
for your help....