Rodney Ray wrote:

> Does anyone know where a good resource is for adding a HD to a Linux box? I have a SCSI for the OS and then decided that I wanted to add a HD last week to have a little more space. I think I got it formatted and set as a ext2 parti on, but I'm not sure where to go from there, any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you want to use it for data space, just make a mountpoint somewhere
(/mnt/data?) and mount your drive there.  (mount -t ext2 /dev/<foo>
/mnt/data).

If you want to copy over your whole system onto this new drive, there's
a HOWTO at:

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Hard-Disk-Upgrade/index.html
"How to copy a Linux system from one disk to another."

-Eric

sandeen at sgi.com   SGI, Inc.