On Friday 31 August 2001 09:45, you wrote:

> > > The modem has jumpers on it, but I've not touched them from the factory
> > > settings.  It's an older ISA 56k modem, which I think might be an 8-bit
> > > card. It only goes into the slot closest to the back of the case, not
> > > both like some of the other ISA cards.
>
>   Might be a shared slot.  Do you have a PCI card in the next slot?  If so
> that could be the problem

It's possible, but I don't think I have anything in the slot directly above
it.  What I was referring to on the slot is that there is the groove in the
card between all the pins.  Generally if you have a shared slot PCI/ISA you
can only put one or the other in.  Again, it's an early USR 56k modem, and
with the jumpers being on it I'd assume it compatible.  However, I don't have
the model # currently being that I'm at work now.

Shawn