On Thursday 30 August 2001 11:32, you wrote:
> I'm trying to get my internal ISA modem to work.  It's a US Robotics 56k
> modem.  The it's assigned an IRQ of 5, Com 4 under Win2k.  I recently
> reloaded my box and assigned the modem to ttyS3 under the Slackware 8
> setup. Is there something more I need to do to get it to work?  I have the
> ISA PnP module loaded as well.
>
> Would this be in the modem how-to or in the ppp how-to also?

A little more info on this:

When I initially did  setserial -bg /dev/ttyS?  it cam back showing that I
only had one serial port of ttyS2 with an irq of 4.

So then I tried to do setserial -irq 5 -uart 16550A /dev/ttyS3 and it added
it in.  I'm no further along now than I was initially.  /dev/ttyS3 is linked
to /dev/modem as well.

I have both of my external serial port connections disabled in the bios, as
well as non PnP OS selected.

The modem has jumpers on it, but I've not touched them from the factory
settings.  It's an older ISA 56k modem, which I think might be an 8-bit card.
 It only goes into the slot closest to the back of the case, not both like
some of the other ISA cards.

I've read through some of the Modem How-To, but it doesn't seem to clear to
me right now as to what I need to do beyond this.  Any help on this would be
appreciated.  I'll try and go through the old posts and see what I can find.