This was a week or two ago so I dunno if they're still there, but at
Micro Center they had a pile of old ISA wireless network cards back on
the discount/stuff that got returned table thingy. Was like $80, so
they're not that cheap, but if these are the kind you can get serious
range with, it'd probably be worth it...

They were some brand other, I didn't write down the brand. So I dunno if
they're Linux compatable or not. If not then they're kinda worthless to
us...

Anyway, someone who's interested in such a thing, have at it and report
back to us. ;) (Actually, I think I may take another look myself...)