On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 11:49:01AM -0500, Steve Grobe wrote:
>My guess is for 99.9% of what most people use MS Office for either Gobe or
>(get ready here it comes) Star Office will work fine.  Given my past
>experience with products from Gobe I am betting that it will be much faster
>than Star Office.

That's not hard to imagine :-)

>Your warm and fuzzy feelings for Star Office are well known on this list,
>and for the most part I agree.  Star Office is slow and doesn't play as well
>with MS Office as it could/should/would but this is something that you
>couldn't have even tried yet so why the instant dislike?

Not dislike, I'll just believe it when I see it. Note the "if" and "it'll
" in my mail.

The other problem with star office is that real "power users" of MS office
products feel kind of hobbled by the lack of functionality of star office.
All I know is, if you want to communicate with other people, the only
logical choice is MS Office. It's the standard. That's not going to change
anytime soon.

--
Ben Lutgens
Sistina Software Inc.

What's the difference between root and God ?
God doesn't think that he is root.