Hah! That's a joke, right? "MS Office" and "portable" in the same
sentence, what a hoot! Next you'll be telling me you believe MS
will solve all their "document portability issues" with their "next-
generation XML-based" formats. Heh! Like they won't find some
way to mess that up...

I think I may understand, though. What business person worth
their salt would be caught dead without their virus laden *.doc,
*.xls, and *.mdb files? Not many, I'd guess.

>>> blutgens at sistina.com 08/30/01 10:56AM >>>
and if the documents it creates are not "portable" to the de-facto standard
(which for the most part is MS Office) it's as useless as star office, abi,
koffice, and all the rest.