On Sat, 25 Aug 2001, Bill Layer wrote:

> The short answer is that Adaptec EZ-CD Creator (aka Sleazy CD Creature) is
> a piece of junk.

And that's the correct answer!

After a little investigation, it's getting the pops from the actual
extraction.  The WAV files that I produce in Sleazy CD have the same
problem, it actually sounds BETTER on the burned CD.  According to the
knowledge base on Roxio (thanks for the link Bob!) I need to tweak my
settings in Creature or use a different CD drive.  Since it's a new drive
I suspect Adaptec more than anything.  I may just have to switch to CD
paranoia or Musicmatch if the tweaking doesn't fix it.

Thanks a lot Bill and Bob!

-Brian