On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 08:44:09AM -0500, Jon Schewe wrote:
> "Raymond Norton" <ray at lctn.k12.mn.us> writes:
>
>> I'm new to Linux. I want to install all of Redhat 7.x , which
>> amounts to over 2 gigs. I have 2 or 3 small hard drives, about
>> 1 gig each. I want to use them all to give enough room, but
>> the install process only looks at one drive, and says it is
>> too small for the total package. Is there a way to get around
>> this?
>
> Yes, create the partitions yourself.  When asked how to use the drive, you can
> then tell the install you want to partition the drives yorself.  Then you can
> tell the installer where to mount the partitions and it'll install across
> multiple drives.

Okay, so what are we looking at here?

 (biggest drive) -> 1 partition, mount as /usr
 (1 Gb drive)    -> 2 partitions, 500 Mb each, mount as / and /home
 another drive   -> swap, /var, /opt?

I was at Materials Processing again this week -- saw a big stack
of small (2 Gb) SCSI drives.  Bunches of small IDE drives too.

--
[M]en become civilized, not in proportion to their willingness to believe,
but in proportion to their willingness to doubt.            - H.L. Mencken