Nope, the box getting the connections is MS-free. The only reason hotmail shoudl be talking to my box is to deliver mail or do DNS in the service of mail. In that case I should see connections *to* ports 25 and 53, not *from* 25. It's an idea tho. I just don't use MSN Messenger.

Joshua Jore
Minneapolis Ward 3, precinct 10
  "The irony of this man being imprisoned in the United States and longing
to return to once-Communist Russia so he can regain his right to free
speech is simply staggering." - someone else