I'll bet you bought them at 1/2 price books :)  I have seen some pretty good
old Delphi books show up there before.  Which ones did you get?

BTW there are some Kylix books on the way, too.  On Amazon you can get
"Building Kylix Applications" by Cary Jensen and Loy Anderson.

Cary is venerable teacher of the Delphi craft who teamed up at one point in
the past with Charlie Calvert to do some touring Delphi Workshops.

Charlie is one of my favorite authors and has written several books,
including some excellent Delphi/C++Builder books in the Unleashed series
from SAMS.  He is teaming up with David Intersimone and John Kaster to
publish the "Kylix Developer's Guide" slated for November 5 publication.
Charlie is a very knowledgable author who is very readable.  In prior lives
he was a journalist and an English teacher.  He has even published some of
his poetry on his web site http://homepages.borland.com/ccalvert/index.htm.
His web site has some good Kylix reference material as well as Linux
information and some other interesting pieces.  Although he no longer works
for Borland as he did for many years, Charlie is still a driving force in
the Delphi community and is one reason that Borland stands apart from other
tool vendors as a company that strives to support all kinds of developers
wherever the technology being used is good and makes sense.

There is also another Kylix book "Kylix Power Solutions" apparently
available now but I am not familiar with the authors (Don Taylor, Jim
Mischel, & Tim Gentry).

There are a lot of other good Delphi books.  Just do a search on Delphi on
Amazon and if you have a question about if it is a good one or not, I'd be
happy to let you know if I know.

The internet is full of good resources for Delphi and Kylix, notably the
Borland website.  The newsgroups found at newsgroups.borland.com are
extremely active and they are not full of a bunch of junk and flames. Many
Delphi experts from around the world participate and will help anybody out
with issues they run into.  The Delphi Magazine from the U.K.
http://www.thedelphimagazine.com/ has been publishing several good Kylix
articles.  The other notable Delphi magazine is the Delphi Informant
(http://www.delphizine.com) which also publishes some Kylix articles.  Of
course you can always come to the Delphi SIG (Special Interest Group) at
TCPC and we'll do our best to help you through your issues.  In fact we have
a meeting tonight and I need to get running!  We meet the fourth Wednesday
of every month.  For directions, etc go to
http://www.tcpc.com/sigs/delphi/index.html.

Mark