On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Kevin R. Bullock wrote:

> Hey all --
>
> When I got home from dinner last night, I tried to wake my computer up (I
> had left it asleep), to no avail. I hit the reset switch. Nothing. I held
> in the ATX power switch on the front for four seconds. It didn't turn off.

Stupid trick: unplug the power cord from the power supply.  Plug it back
in, try turning it on.  If nothing, try again.

I have a similar problem on my parent's machine.  It's an Abit KT7 and for
some reason if you cold boot the machine it refuses to bring up the video
card.  If I unplug the power cable from the machine, plug it back in
and power it up it's just fine.  Warm boots are fine.  Cold boots are
not.  I'm assuming it's grounding since the power switch on the surge
protector doesn't do the trick.

-Brian