On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 04:51:24PM -0500, Nate Carlson wrote:
>On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Tom Hudak wrote:
>> I recently ran into a serious issue with the way outlook does a number of
>> things. (This may in part be w2k's fault as well.)
>>
>> Recently after downgrading our samba PDC from 2.2.1a to 2.2.0, outlook no
>> longer runs for users. After the downgrade went in place, the w2k machines
>> lost their trust accounts and needed to be re-added to the domain. This
>> includes the users on that box. (Which are assigned a completely unique ID
>> every single time they are added, whether it's the same user or not.)
>
>Why would you want to downgrade to Samba 2.2.0? 2.2.1a fixes a LOT of
>stuff.
I'm not sure what it was exactly, but some of the machine's weren't happy, and
1 in particular would *NOT* allow a login via the domain for any users. The
downgrade made them all calm down, but loose their trust accounts.

I just tried scanning the registry for all outlook related keys, found 1 in
particular that intrigued me.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Shared
Tools/MSInfo/Categories/Applications/Outlook which contains a key called CLSID
which is defined with a ?UID? (whatever the LONG grouping of characters that
designates a "user" to the registry.) and I noticed it was not correct.

By correct I mean it was not like any of the Identity values for the
HKEY_USERS
so I changed it and nothing happened. :-( I'll try making them administrators,
launching outlook, logging off, and removing them as the administrator from
the admin group. Wish me luck!
Thanks,
--
Thomas J. Hudak
Systems Administrator

sleep: Command not found - The story of my life...