On Sun, Aug 19, 2001 at 06:48:05PM -0500, Jon Schewe wrote:
> Yes, that's what they said, clearly not understanding the problem.  Here's the
> quote
> --start quote--
> Thank you for writing AT&T BroadBand Cable Internet Services regarding
> the Internet service and Port 80.  I apologize for any inconvenience
> which you have experienced with our filter on Port 80.
>
> NOTE: We do not block your access to sites such as www.yahoo.com or any
> others.
>
> It has been confirmed that a block will remain in effect (for reasons
> related to the Code Red worm) until AT&T BroadBand feels it is safe to
> remove it.  This has been done to protect the network and we have no way
> of removing it or getting it removed, at this point in time.

Right, that's the block on incoming connections to port 80, which
habitual^Wregular readers have known about for a while now.  But that
shouldn't affect your ability to contact any sites which are not
hanging off an AT&T cable modem.

--
With the arrest of Dimitry Sklyarov it has become apparent that it is not
safe for non US software engineers to visit the United States. - Alan Cox